Mac Mini M1 Big Sur 11.3 not seeing Sonic Charge VST's as actual plug-ins

Jeroen Verheij252 views8 posts
  • Jeroen Verheij

Also, I downloaded the latest installer, but the installer keeps saying it's the 2015 version?

Not sure if this is an M1 Silicon problem? They should run through Rosetta I suppose?

I can install the VST's, but Bitwig does not recognize them as being a VST.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Magnus Lidström

Where does it say it's the 2015 version?

It shouldn't.

It should look something like this:

• Jeroen Verheij

Thanks for the response.Yes that's resolved now after a restart, so the plugins are now up to date.

But I can't run them in Bitwig studio. I get this error:

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Not a plug-in file

I can run the plugins in VCV rack for example, but all Sonic Charge give the above error in Bitwig 4.0

• Magnus Lidström

I'm not sure how well Bitwig handles a mix of architectures. Are you running the entire Bitwig application under Rosetta or not?

• Magnus Lidström

maybe try this suggestion: https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=546757

• Jeroen Verheij

Bitwig 4 is now M1 Native and can handle X64 and M1 together, and yes I tried that cache delete and lost all links to all my plug-ins this way. Luckily I could go back through time machine.

It's really weird. I had the Echobode running once, on it's own. Then installed through the Sonic Charge installer to upgrade and from then on all Sonic Charge VSTs stopped being recognized. I also dropped a note at Bitwig and hopefully we can find a solution.

• Magnus Lidström

- Jeroen Verheij wrote:
    I also dropped a note at Bitwig and hopefully we can find a solution.

Thanks. We haven't had any major issues before with Bitwig. Bitwig 4 is still in beta right?

• Jeroen Verheij

Yes it is, we're working on it. Will keep you posted.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.