Synplant Automate Parameters

anonymous7 398 views34 posts
  • anonymous

Will it ever be possible to automate all of the genes in Synplant?

• Fredrik Lidström

Yes. This is definitely something we will try to solve for the next major version upgrade of Synplant as it is one of the most requested features.

• anonymous

Oh my gosh...
    Just spilled a tear of joy...
    When will this approximately happen?
    This will make SP definately one of my top 3 synths.

Best regards
    Danny

• Magnus Lidström

Synplant 2.0 is one of those projects that always gets interrupted by more urgent work. Our plan at the moment is to finish and launch our new Permut8 (and maybe another small RE as well), after that we intend to finish the 64-bit port of MicroTonic. Synplant 2.0 is a much bigger project and because of that it will again have to wait even longer.

• Shayne Rogers

Cant wait!

• rsm

Dito! Just jamming around with Synplant at the moment and i would have some great automation ideas. :)
    Please make gene automations possible in the near future! Synplant is such a great synth.

Kind regards

I like Synplant as is, however I understand the feature request.

It is the only synth in my humble collection that has earned the "ghost in the machine" tag. Where I only really have to do a couple of things to set it up and it will just do its thang. That might be mistaken as a lazy synthesist but really its more of trust and praise for the continuous end result it gives me. Like a good conversation with a samurai, instead him or her trying to cut my head off.

I guess this reply is written more out of fear that it will loose its ghost personality.

• Fredrik Lidström

No worries. In the next Synplant upgrade, we will make sure that you still do not understand what it is really doing. ;)

• David Downes

I wondered if it might be possible to 'freeze' certain genes so they are not affected by branch growth.

• Fredrik Lidström

It is not possible now no, but I agree, it is a good idea that we have already thought a lot about.

• Jean-Anton Venter

here is a thought for the update, i would call it the hoola hoop effect, where rather than just a symmetrical open and close of the ring effect, it hoola hoops around and cycles, almost like an lfo but allowing unique note manipulations true to synplants nature.... this would sound epic on chords and pads, who knows what kind of basses this could create. one slider/knob to control the spin speed. the possibilities on this is endless...

• philter

- Dave wrote:
    Will it ever be possible to automate all of the genes in Synplant?
    - Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    Yes. This is definitely something we will try to solve for the next major version upgrade of Synplant as it is one of the most requested features.

WTF.... :D i can´t await it.... You guys really made my day ! haven´t seen this post before... :rolleyes:

• Audiofetish

Hi!

Any News? Synplant is one of my most loved Synths!

I've payed 99$, but i cant use it for real? That su**s! :wacko:

Please give us an update with full midi controlled Genes! PLEASE!!!!! :rolleyes:

cheers from Berlin

• nic

yes please! as soon as synplant 2 will be announced I will buy it FOR SURE!GREAT SYNTH GREAT SOUND GREAT INSPIRATION GREAT GENIUS(like ALL your software!)

• Paul Chambers

can you automate the genes yet in synplant?
    this synth is amazing but i cannot seem to automate my hypnotic melodies:(

• Thor

Im also wondering about that. Automation of the genes is a much needed feature. Whats the status here?

Im also wondering if its THE Paul Chambers who posted above here.. :)

• Rob Roff

Can't believe it's been 5 years that i've been seeing this thread, hoping for news on automating synplant genes!

• be.sonore

J avoue une nouvelle serait bien venu pour la v2.0 en attendant j essais de trouver un patch

• glenn richard

hello synplant user,
    but will we have to wait a long time? I have the impression of being taken hostage !!

• Ruud Maasland

Still no automation?

I mean, it's a genius synth, but I can't use it due to lack of automation. I want to make a dynamic sound, not a static sound. It has so much potential...

• Daniel Dragoescu

It's like being given a Ferrari with a 10 liters tank...

• Mike Erkau

I totally agree...the lack of genes automation is a real downer. please upgrade - maybe start a crowdfunding campaign - I'm up for any progress here! Keep up the excellent work, cheers, M.

• Mike Erkau

it feels like watching a giant sound universe through a glass door, waiting for the key...

• Daniel Dragoescu

- Mike Erkau wrote:
    I totally agree...the lack of genes automation is a real downer. please upgrade - maybe start a crowdfunding campaign - I'm up for any progress here! Keep up the excellent work, cheers, M.

Mike, Fredrik already replied to me on the other tread with the same topic that they are actively working on this update and it's definitely not abandoned. Yeeey! :)

• stelvio

- Ruud Maasland wrote:
    Still no automation?
    I mean, it's a genius synth, but I can't use it due to lack of automation. I want to make a dynamic sound, not a static sound. It has so much potential...

...exactly! This is the kind of instrument that screams for expressive movement, transitions, atonality, parameter locking...

• stelvio

- Mike Erkau wrote:
    it feels like watching a giant sound universe through a glass door, waiting for the key...

yes!
    it's like having to pick only one color from a full spectrum rainbow.

• stelvio

- Daniel Dragoescu wrote:
    - Mike Erkau wrote:
    Mike, Fredrik already replied to me on the other tread with the same topic that they are actively working on this update and it's definitely not abandoned. Yeeey! :)

I got all excited and then I realized this has been requested and in the making for a decade :/

• Jacksen Toomz

please make this happen!!! ill buy synplant a second time if you do....

• Dylan Martin

bump - pleaase

• Neil Mitchell-Goodson

People: quit worrying about Synplant 2 and just enjoy the pleasant surprise when it finally arrives, whenever that may be.

• Artem Jetman

This would really be awesome of an add, I hope they make it happen one day ;)

• Tim Susa

Wooohooo! Congrats, an over ten years living thread, where users are asking all very clear about a feature request, har har... Audio Programming, Audio Developers... better go slow, with rock solid results instead of quick and dirty with lot of coming trouble. AND THEN you are supposed to double the money you spend for the next version. Apart ten years is really really a long time, omg. Put out your money guys for the new upcoming version (but let yourself time until end of this year)... LOL

• GIANPIERO DE FILIPPO

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:

Have you implemented fully writable automation on Synplant 2?
    thx

• Magnus Lidström

- GIANPIERO DE FILIPPO wrote:
    Have you implemented fully writable automation on Synplant 2?
    thx

Yes, all parameters and genes of Synplant 2 can be automated in your DAW.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.