I have bought bitspeak, where can I find the 64 Bit version?

anonymous560 views2 posts
  • anonymous

I use Windows 7 64 Bit. I cant use jbridge with my host so I need a 64 Bit version. where can I find it?

• Fredrik Lidström

Hi,

First of all, make sure you download the latest installer from our site (1.0.2) because earlier versions did not have a native 64-bit version.

On Windows, I created a step in the installer where you get a dialog where you can select the location of three folders. (This was not needed on Mac as both 32 and 64-bit can be embedded in the same file.)

Installation folder
    Defaults to: C:\Program Files\Sonic Charge
    This folder will contain the documentation as well as the uninstaller.

VST Plug-In Folder (32-bit)
    Defaults to: C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns\Sonic Charge
    This folder will contain the 32-bit version of the plug-in DLL

VST Plug-In Folder (64-bit)
    Defaults to: C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\Sonic Charge
    This folder will contain the 64-bit version of the plug-in DLL

Please note that both 32-bit and 64-bit versions will have the same VST Plug-in name and also the same filename. This is so that you can load old projects which used the 32-bit version without experiencing problems in your host. This can however be a bit confusing as some hosts only list the first or last plugin it finds with the same name. To be sure you are using the correct version, only include one of the paths in your host, or move/remove the dll you do not wish to use.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.