Microtonic note off problem

Valery Kondakoff835 views3 posts
  • Valery Kondakoff

Hi!

Microtonic skips not overlapped notes when 'note off' is enabled in MIDI preferences.

Here are steps to reproduce:

1. Create new liveset, load Microtonic and create a clip with just two non overlapped sixteenth midi notes (see screenshot).
    2. Enable "Stop voices with MIDI note Off' and play the clip
    3. When the clip is played for the first time the second sixteenth note will be skipped (why?). But when the same clip loops again both notes will sound. So, the second note is skipped only on the first loop run (why?).

Is this a bug or am I doing smth wrong?
    Thank you!

Product Name and Version - MicroTonic 3.0.1
    Operating System and Version - OS X 10.6.8 / Win7
    Host Name and Version - Ableton Live 8.2.7

• Valery Kondakoff

- Valery Kondakoff wrote:
    Microtonic skips not overlapped notes when 'note off' is enabled in MIDI preferences.

Can I ask the developers to answer this post? I'm still experiencing this issue and it s easily reproduced.
    Thank you.

• Magnus Lidström

- Valery Kondakoff wrote:
    Can I ask the developers to answer this post? I'm still experiencing this issue and it s easily reproduced.
    Thank you.

Thanks for the bump. Sorry I forgot to answer your original post. It seems like you have stumbled upon a bug in MicroTonic that happens sometimes when MIDI events fall on the exact same time-stamp. When this happens it is more or less random which midi event MicroTonic will process first. When it process the preceding note off event after the succeeding note on event, it will stop the note immediately before it makes any sound.

I have fixed this bug for the upcoming (free) upgrade that I am working on right now.

I would be very happy if you would like to help us test this version when testing begins (should be later this year). Please sign up to URL removed if you haven't already, and PM me the username you have chosen so that I can validate you at once.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.