C’mon man! μtonic on iPad / AU3 already! 😉

Funkspace86 views4 posts
  • Funkspace

iPadOS is really getting to be an awesome always-ready ultra portable music creativity platform.

It really deserves to have the world’s best electronic beatbox by now.

I have Microtonic as a VST, have had it since the original version back in the day, but I’m really liking the environment and empowering nature of a platform more portable than a laptop, it inspires more compact compositions and helps to focus on smaller ‘projects’ and ideas (even though large ones are obviously possible).

• Sjoerd van Geffen

- Funkspace wrote:
    iPadOS is really getting to be an awesome always-ready ultra portable music creativity platform.
    It really deserves to have the world’s best electronic beatbox by now.

"Getting to be", you say? Hah, I guess you weren't around when we had to render audio files because computers were too slow to run virtual instruments in real time. And it's over 10 years ago that I nudged another brilliant Swedish plug-in developer to port his 303/606/808/909 emulation onto the iOS platform.

So yeah, +1 for sure.

But maybe just get a PO-32 Tonic in the mean time? ;-)

• Funkspace

- Sjoerd van Geffen wrote:
    "Getting to be", you say? Hah, I guess you weren't around when we had to render audio files because computers were too slow to run virtual instruments in real time.

I didn’t want to sound like an Apple fanboy so I toned it down 😜. But, yeah it’s an awesome and fun platform.

• Yohan Lasorsa

A huge +1 for an iPad version, that would be the perfect companion to my PO-32/PO-35 :)

Given the flexibility of the Microtonic engine and how nice the new skins look, an iPad version would be a big success without any doubt! There's plenty of drum machines on iOS, but none with a good synth engine. And none that could sync with PO hardware devices.

I would even double dip for android/iphone version for only editing PO-32/PO-35 patches, even without the full microtonic capabilities, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one given the sucess of these little synths.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.