Midi Input to Control Branch Size?

philter534 views3 posts
  • philter

hey guys and girls ,
    i know that i can assign a midi CC to the branch size in ableton.
    but i´d like to use a selfmade vst plugin to control the branche size, and
    unfortunately my plugins don´t work properly inside ableton so i use VSThost for this purpose.
    any way to remote control the size when using a host that does NOT support mapping a CC to this?

• Fredrik Lidström

Hey Philter,

Sorry but the individual branch lengths are only available as VST/AU parameters. The MIDI CC to parameter mapping must be made in the host you are using.

• philter

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    Hey Philter,
    Sorry but the individual branch lengths are only available as VST/AU parameters. The MIDI CC to parameter mapping must be made in the host you are using.

okay, but thx for the answer frederik .
    as you maybe know i try several things with self-written vst plugins that control synplant.
    now i created a plugin with a envelope (ADR) generator that gives out midi cc values.
    when you link this midi messages to e.g. the branch size or the mod wheel/atonality settings
    you get quite nice morphing sounds out of it. i will post a short video soon and i hope that i find some time to finish my other plugin (the LBC synplant port) asap , too.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.