Open saved preset and half of each morph is gone?

Zack Scholl84 views5 posts
  • Zack Scholl

Hi, I'm pretty new to MicroTonic. I've been using the software to make plugins for the PO-32. To get all 16 I've made two patches - one for the "top" (1-8 on PO-32) and one for the "bottom" (9-16).

Today I opened the "top" preset and I found that each sound lost one of the morphs - that is, the left and right morph are now the same for each button. I'm not sure what I did wrong, this is not the case for the "bottom" version - both morphs are intact after saving. I'm not sure if I opened it via "Open Preset" or opened it via clicking below the "SONICCHARGE microtonic" logo...does that make a difference? Would appreciate any idea on what is going on, so I don't make this mistake again.

• Zack Scholl

Okay, actually now I think I might know what happened - when I save a preset, does it actually save only the currently selected morph side (L/R) or both? I was assuming it saved both but now I'm thinking it only saves one side.

• Fredrik Lidström

Yes, sorry. The Morph slider was added as a level above the preset and the full state can only be saved by the host you are running Microtonic in. In the stand-alone, it can be done with "Export FXB" and "Import FXB" in the file menu. The hierarchy is not super intuitive for a new user.

A Microtonic patch is the setting for a single drum channel.
    A Microtonic preset is the patch settings for all 8 channels and all pattern data
    A Microtonic FX Bank (FXB file) is the whole state including Morph position and patch settings for the left and right morph.

• Zack Scholl

No need to be sorry! Thanks for the clarification. It totally makes sense. Coming from the PO-32 I think I had my mind set that the morph was part of the preset.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.