Bitspeek in Acid Pro?

anonymous1 198 views3 posts
  • anonymous

This isn't a problem with Bitspeek, it is a problem with Acid Pro, but is there a known work-around to allow me to use my midi controller with Bitspeek? Acid Pro renders Bitspeek, and pretty much all vocoder plugins useless without Midi control. I assume it's lack of sidechain support, but are there any fixes or applications out there to work around this problem?

• Magnus Lidström

- Timmy Toothington wrote:
    This isn't a problem with Bitspeek, it is a problem with Acid Pro, but is there a known work-around to allow me to use my midi controller with Bitspeek? Acid Pro renders Bitspeek, and pretty much all vocoder plugins useless without Midi control. I assume it's lack of sidechain support, but are there any fixes or applications out there to work around this problem?

Sorry, but indeed, Acid does not seem to support routing MIDI to effect plug-ins. The only thing I found when googling around was this statement on KvR from 2009 which was posted by an employee at Sony:

"ACID does not permit sending MIDI to Audio FX."

I'm not sure, but perhaps you could work around the problem by using one of those modular plug-ins that themselves can host other plug-ins. Bidule, EnergyXT etc. Still not sure if you can actually route data from different tracks (audio track and MIDI track) into a single instance though. It depends on the capabilities of the modular plug-in host. I am not that familiar with any of them to be honest.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I think you probably have a better chance of getting a good answer if you ask on KvR.

• anonymous

That's the difference between big and small businesses. I ask a question at SonicCharge, I get a more than adequate response from the big guy himself. All I got out of Sony was "We will not discuss the development of Acid Pro 8" when I asked if future versions would deal with this problem.

I've settled on using Fruity Loops for the plug-ins Acid can't handle, and porting everything to Acid for mixing.

As soon as my income tax arrives, I'll be purchasing Bitspeek. Anything from the guy who brought me SynPlant has to be worth the venture.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.