MicroTonic Parameter Value Res

anonymous460 views3 posts
  • anonymous

Hello,

I always set parameters in the parameter window of Logic so that I can type in values. In MicroTonic, I can't always set an integer. The values quantize to some float number (300.27 not 300 for example). How can I change that? Is this a Logic issue (maybe not) or do I need to install the 64b MicroTonic or is there a preference that I can change?

Thanks! :)

• Magnus Lidström

- Sound wrote:
    Hello,
    I always set parameters in the parameter window of Logic so that I can type in values. In MicroTonic, I can't always set an integer. The values quantize to some float number (300.27 not 300 for example). How can I change that? Is this a Logic issue (maybe not) or do I need to install the 64b MicroTonic or is there a preference that I can change?
    Thanks! :)

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I have discovered this to be a limitation in Logic and it occurs with all plug-ins, not just MicroTonic. I don't know why, but Logic limits floating point parameters to 100 integer steps when using the generic editor. (MicroTonic will then scale these integer steps to whatever they represents in real Hz etc and that is why you see funny numbers like 300.27.)

Internally Logic has a higher resolution. In our new effect we have configured some Audio Unit parameters as "integer" parameters with a higher maximum than 100 without any problems.

Perhaps we should report this problem to Apple?

Meanwhile, do you know that you can right-click any parameter in MicroTonic and choose "Enter Exact Value..."?

• anonymous

Thank you, Magnus!

Let me just say that I’m a big fan of your work! I’m keen to develop my own sound synthesis programs… I’ve got a lot of books to get through this year!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.