microtonic sync problem with ableton

anonymous960 views4 posts
  • anonymous

Hey guys,
    Sometimes my microtonic doesn hit on a 4/4th note..
    Its goes slightly off beat... very annoying

anuone else have the problem?

I'm working on mac in ableton 8.2.2

• Magnus Lidström

- Polydor wrote:
    Hey guys,
    Sometimes my microtonic doesn hit on a 4/4th note..
    Its goes slightly off beat... very annoying
    anuone else have the problem?
    I'm working on mac in ableton 8.2.2

How much is slightly off beat? Are we talking 1, 10 or 100 milliseconds here? Would it be possible for you to upload an audio sample?

Also, do you use AU or VST? Once we confirmed some very subtle sync problems with the AU version in Ableton Live, that was not apparent with the VST version. It was actually only reproducible when the user added some other manufacturer's AU effect (a particular one, but I don't remember which now). Our only sensible conclusion was that the problem had to do with AudioUnit's latency compensation.

• Knut Kaulke

hi there,

are there any plans to change this behavior? Currently I'm working on mac with live 9.1 and microtonic is off beat with live's latency compensation is activated. unfortunately I need the compensation because I use external intruments.

• Magnus Lidström

Knut: I am not sure what I can do about this problem. Microtonic only adds 64 samples latency, so with or without latency compensation it should not sound like it is off beat. 64 samples is 1.4ms at most.

Is this with the AU or VST version?

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.