Can I use Micro Tonic Version 3.0.1 on a 2010 Mac PPC tower?

Vincent Gates89 views4 posts
  • Vincent Gates

Hello- I have been auditioning Micro Tonic on my new laptop, and I love it!
    So I purchased a license, and now hope to use it in my studio environment.

I currently run:
    Mac OS 10.7.5
    2010 Mac Pro PPC
    Processor 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
    I would like to try running an older version (Sonic Charge Micro Tonic 3.0.1.dmg ???)

Is this version compatible with the system listed above?
    Does anyone have this installer and app that will work on my older 32 bit machine?

Thank you,
    Vincent

• Magnus Lidström

Check the "Old Archived Versions" folder on our Download page. Microtonic 3.0.1 should work on a PPC.

• Vincent Gates

Hi Magnus-

I downloaded version 3.0.1.dmg and the folder does not contain an application file. Here's what is available in that folder:

microtonic.png

I also downloaded the latest installer you have available, and this does contain an application file, but it won't open on my 32 bit machine with the following specs:
    Mac OS 10.7.5
    2010 Mac Pro PPC
    Processor 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Do you have an application file that will run on the above machine?
    Thanks for your help
    Vincent

• Magnus Lidström

Sorry, the standalone version came with Microtonic 3.2 and that version is not PPC compatible. If you are looking for a simple host to run Microtonic in I suggest you download VSTLord for PPC https://arne-scheffler.de/software/

(The stop / start buttons might be grayed out initially in VSTLord. Simply opening a preset seems to enable them, for me at least.)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.