Updates to all plugins

Magnus Lidström33 113 views129 posts
Page 1 of 3last
  • Magnus Lidström

I hope you are all doing well in these difficult times. We are doing fine here. Working from home is not much of a change for us, of course. Fredrik and I have been working remotely together for over 20 years. But these are undoubtedly tough times for us all. Luckily there is nothing safer than staying indoors and making music on a computer, or developing music software for that matter. So we will continue doing just that. As always.

We are pleased to announce that updates to our entire line of products are available today. With these updates we have taken the opportunity to refactor and clean out obsolete technologies in order to move forwards into the 2020's. Some of our products have not been updated in over five years, so there has been a lot to work on.

While most changes in these updates are under the hood there are some very visible additions too. First and foremost, all plugins (except Synplant) now features high resolution graphics and re-scalable user interfaces. (Synplant has however been updated with other bug and compatibility fixes.)

SoMuchSonicCharge2.png

Second, Microtonic can now be extended with scripts written in Javascript and these scripts can display custom user interface elements. A separate installer with a selection of clever scripts is available on our download page for registered customers. Here is a little demo:

YouTube Video

For a detailed list of other fixes and changes please refer to the individual product user guides. The most important compatibility fix is that our plugins are now compatible with Mac hosts that are built with the latest SDK from Apple. (This includes Cubase 10.5 and Garageband.)

We have also updated the official Permut8 Firmware Installer with the previously released Specular firmware as well as two brand new firmwares: Vortex and JS80RMX. Vortex is a generative synth (based on the "about box easter egg" in Microtonic) and JS80RMX lets you import songs from the JS80TRX chiptune tracker and transform them beyond recognition. Have a listen.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Just download and run the latest installer to update. Since we have changed some details in our license management system you will need to authorize all the plugins again. This is easily done with the Authenticator after installation. For clarity we have reset the installation count shown by the Authenticator, although we have never had any hard limit on the number of personal computers that you may install our software on.

Have fun with these updates and stay safe!

/ Magnus and Fredrik

Update: Please note that Mac versions require Mac OS X 10.9 or later.

• Zilvinas Zusinas

Thank you so much, Magnus and Fredrik!

• Simon Leo

this is f***ing awesome! thx a lot for your work on these updates!

• Neil Mitchell-Goodson

A suspicious mind may conclude that the lack of a user interface update for Synplant might indicate that version 2 is near(ish) release?

• Sam Saw

Cheers lads much appreciated

• Andy_R

Thank you so much!

• craig allan

Amazing. Thanks

• Niklas Brandt Katborg

Wonderful!! Thank you very much :)

• Steve Olofsson

Awesome news, big thanks! The microtonic updates look really promising :)

• Rhino Schneider

Awesome!!! Thanks.

• exm

ow yeah! awesome updates! Love the bigger UI's and the new firmwares. Lovely!

• Martin Walker

Hi Magnus and Fredrik,

This is an excellent surprise - thank you both for all your continued hard work!

Martin

• Todd Silva

Thank you Magnus and Fredrik, and yes, stay safe!!

• ITommy Zai

Dear Magnus and Fredrik, Thank you so much for all you do! Also, thank you to the active beta testers. I apologize for being relatively inactive this time. ;-( I will, however, enjoy the fruits of your labor. MUCH appreciated!! Tommy Zai

• David O'Sullivan

Please update Synplant with a fresh new look and features, it's a totally unique piece that sparks creativity every time. Thanks everyone.

• AB459

Thanks !

• rsm

Fantastic! Big THANK YOU Magnus and Fredrik!

• Silvio Ecomo

The Microtonic extensions look amazing, will definitely have fun using them. And the new Permutate firmwares too. Thanks!

• Motion

Thank you Magnus and Fredrik for all the hard work and effort with these updates and all the new features, firmwares and improvements...fantastic!, oh and for what its worth we'll be giving our microbial adversary a good kicking in due course....kindest regards.

• Aesthete

mTonic still the best vst drum machine out there. Permut 8 a great mangler. Thank you for the updates.

• Sven Weisemann

hey magnus... thx great update specially the re-scalable function
    but where is the re-scalable function by synplant can't see anything?

• tony senghore

Keep on rockin'n in the free world! <3

• Shallie Dragon

Good stuff! I'll probably run those updates after dinner.

• Gotthard Ortner

Thanks so much for the awesome Microtonic Update

• Gotthard Ortner

Any special deals in the next time?

• Alfonso Santimone

Wow! Great! Is there any scripting manual for MicroTonic?

• Luis Bicho

Thank you Sonic Charge for the amazing update. Stay safe stay home...

• Brendan Donovan

Thank you!!!

Saving those Synplant graphics improvements for 2, I see... ; )

• James Gregory

Yeah!!!!!!! Love you guys. Thank you so much X

• Aesthete

How do you resize uTonic 3.3 on Mac/Mojave ?

• anthony lee

Thank you thank you thank you

• tubesockor

Really cool, Magnus! Looks great.

/T

• Bichuelo Audiotecna

Great, thanks!! I'll be updating Microtonc right away

Does these new features change somehow the compatibility with TE's PO-32 Tonic and PO-35 Speak?

• Giuseppe Pischetola

thanks!! after all these years still ruling!

• Joey Luck

Awesome! Thanks so much and continue staying safe! :)

• Aesthete

- Aesthete wrote:

Nevermind, Zoom.

• James Gregory

- Aesthete wrote:
    - Aesthete wrote:
    Nevermind, Zoom.

Was literally going to write that, as couldn't figure it out at first! Right click on GUI and zoom :)

• Joey Luck

- James Gregory wrote:
    Was literally going to write that, as couldn't figure it out at first! Right click on GUI and zoom :)

Also, you can click on the menu (arrow button) located in the top left of each plugin. I think the only plugin that doesn't have the menu button is Bitspeek?

• Kirke Jan Blankenship

Thank you. Still, my very Secret Weapons :)~

• James Gregory

- Joey Luck wrote:
    - James Gregory wrote:
    Also, you can click on the menu (arrow button) located in the top left of each plugin. I think the only plugin that doesn't have the menu button is Bitspeek?

Oh yeah - even easier. Lol :)

• aoVI

Thank you for making great software even better.

• Akod

What a nice surprise! Great! Thank you!

Hope you're not too depleted by all that work and it's not too soon to say that, but I'd love to be able in turn to support you by buying some new thing soon, though! (Hopefully a new version of Synplant of course...)

Be safe.

• Randy Hayes

How wonderful! Thank you for all you do for musicians!

• K C

Thank you

• jeff

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Hans Alois Plank

How do you resize uTonic 3.3 GUI on Win10? Cannot find a way.

• Hans Alois Plank

Finally figured it out:
    Click on the menu button (first bold triangle arrow button located in the top left corner), choose "Zoom" and you will be able to change the plugin window size in a new field top left with (+ and -) percentiges of default sice.
    Manual!!!
    Anyway, great, thanks!

• Muziksculp

Hi,

A Big Thank You to SonicCharge and Crew for the latest update.

MicroTonic ver 3.3 with a scalable GUI is so much nicer to work with compared to the older tiny GUI. (Finally) .

Here is a pic of the new ver. 3.3 MicroTonic on my Studio's TV HD Screen.

Microtonic Large.jpg

Cheers,
    Muziksculp

• PsYAuM

what changes are there to Echobode?

• chao

Thank you so much!!!!

• Steve Lampert

Rockin' updates! Many thanks!

• jonathan ray

right on !! big ups. cheers

• philter

wow! thx a lot guys! my dreams about a re-scalable user interface for microtonic
    finally becomes reality! the java scripting thing sounds very interesting, too.
    damn, i think i finally have to learn this scripting stuff a little better...
    but now that i have so much free time atm it seems like the perfect time to do that ;)

greetings from germany

phil

• Tom Valdez

Awesome guys, thank you!!!!

• Collier Adair

The scripts for microtonic are amazing. Going to play with this now. Thanks for making these plugins scaleable.

• Aesthete

uTonic Euclidean Beats!

• Kuzma Palkin

Thank you guys!

• Jarome Matthew

Wow, positive things in dark times are most welcome!
    And even new firmware for Permut8? Amazing, thanks for your efforts!

• Bjoern Udo Beez

THIS !"!"! THANK YOU !!!

Looks really great on my 43" Philips Momentum Monitor in 4K !

greetings from Germany !

stay healthy

• frédéric Henrion

yeeeees.
    My favourite Drum synth was updated !!!
    Micro tonic is still alive.
    Easter eggs time is coming, happy to see this eggs every year.

Thanks,

Page 1 of 3last

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.