microtonic multi output

anonymous3 769 views10 posts
  • anonymous

How do I route the individual patches to different outputs in MicroTonic? In the software´s stereo plug-in there is an output A and an output B, in the multi output plug-in there is an A and a B as well. How do I route further beyond A and B, I haven´t yet figured this out.

• Magnus Lidström

Hi Ulf. The A and B selector are disabled in the multiple output version of MicroTonic. Instead each drum channel is sent to its own stereo output. This is fixed, unlike the standard version where you have two stereo outputs, A and B and you can select which one to use for each individual drum channel.

Exactly how you wire your project to use these separate outputs depends entirely on which host you are using.

Which host are you using?

• David Zimmer

My question is similar. I am using Cubase 5. Do I need to create a separate midi track for each drum channel and route those drum channels to the appropriate midi track? Or is uTonic routing to separate audio tracks?

• R.A.W.

- DPZimm wrote:
    [...]Or is uTonic routing to separate audio tracks?

Exactly, you need one MIDI track, but MT3 got 8 stereo outs, one per voice/pad. So you just need several audio tracks and route the audio accordingly.

• David Zimmer

- R.A.W. wrote:
    Exactly, you need one MIDI track, but MT3 got 8 stereo outs, one per voice/pad. So you just need several audio tracks and route the audio accordingly.

I'm not sure what you mean by routing the audio accordingly. How do I tell uTonic how to route separate drum channels? I don't see anything under the preferences or under "midi config".

• R.A.W.

- DPZimm wrote:
    I'm not sure what you mean by routing the audio accordingly. How do I tell uTonic how to route separate drum channels? I don't see anything under the preferences or under "midi config".

You don't need to tell MT3 anything. It's a host thing to route audio, MT3 just has 8 hard-wired stereo outs. And as I work with Ableton Live, energyXT and NI Maschine I cannot tell you how it's done.
    You need to consult the manual or online help of Cubase or Google on how to route audio of multi-out VSTs.

• Fredrik Lidström

We did go through this a couple of years back and made a short guide regarding multi out in MicroTonic. It is a bit dated now (2009), but I think it can still help.

Separate outputs with MicroTonic

• David Zimmer

Thank you very much Fredrik I will give this a go tonight!

• Stephan Ralescu

Bitwig 3.3.1 not seeing the multi outs

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 3.53.37 PM.png
  • Sjoerd van Geffen

- Stephan Ralescu wrote:
    Bitwig 3.3.1 not seeing the multi outs

Can confirm. Multi-outputs can not be selected as an input source on another track.
    (MacOS 10.13.6, Bitwig 3.3.1)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.