Catalina Update?

Jonathan Levine257 views5 posts
  • Jonathan Levine

Any updates on when the compatibility update for macOS Catalina will arrive? Synplant is literally the last plug-in that needs to get updated for Catalina out of all of my other plug-ins. I tried installing synplant on a Mac that already has Catalina on it and it doesn’t work.

• Magnus Lidström

We are currently testing release candidates for our updates. But to be correct, our current official versions are compatible with Catalina, just not with DAWs compiled with the 10.14 or 10.15 SDK under Catalina (Cubase 10.5 is the most known of these).

Which DAW(s) are you using?

• Jonathan Levine

I’m currently using Logic Pro X (10.4.8). I had it downloaded on my MacBook Air that I use for school that’s running Catalina just to see if it would work with Logic on there, and I tried installing Synplant and it wouldn’t open in Logic. I tried rescanning all of the plug-ins I had installed to see if it would recognize it, but it still wouldn’t show up in there. I tried rescanning, restarting, and to no prevail. It’s not my main production computer, but I just tried installing it on there just to see if it would work.

• Magnus Lidström

Logic ought to work. Apple are still using the 10.13 SDK themselves (ironically). A restart is however required nowadays (but this will be fixed in the upcoming updates).

If you want to try the updates before they are publicly released you are more than welcome to apply here https://soniccharge.com/betareg and I'll approve you.

• Magnus Lidström

Just double-checked and installed our official (2017) versions under Catalina and they all ran fine in Logic on my computer. Funny enough I didn't even have to restart this time. But this has always been a bit random with Audio Units.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.