Synplant Extreme Flower Power

philter4 551 views19 posts
  • philter

This video shows Synplant VSTi triggered by a Max4Live MIDI Device called "LBC Synplant".
    LBC Synplant is a great MIDI Sequencer that let´s you easily manipulate / automate / sequence the most important parameters
    of the plant.

default.png

you can download LBC Synplant here:
    LBC Synplant Max4Live Device

YouTube Video

All Sounds are created by 1 Single Synplant Instance. Except the Kick/Clap that comes from a KORG ESX.
    Music is some kind of Minimal/Experimental Techno but it shows what you can do with 1 single Plant B)
  • BoB SwanS

Thats amazing! But i only have Live :(

• Troels Nygaard

Thanks for sharing man! :-)

• philter

- BoB SwanS wrote:
    Thats amazing! But i only have Live :(

thx for the feedback! i am currently porting LBC Synplant to VST Format , so that
    everybody/every host can use it. will need some to to finish it but when i got it
    i will upload it here on the forum.

- Troels Nygaard wrote:
    Thanks for sharing man! :-)

no problem mate!

• BoB SwanS

- philter wrote:
    thx for the feedback! i am currently porting LBC Synplant to VST Format , so that
    everybody/every host can use it. will need some to to finish it but when i got it

Excellent news!!! I look forward to it.

• Magnus Lidström

- philter wrote:

Wow! This is exciting news! How do you port it to VST? Do you rewrite it in C++?

• philter

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Wow! This is exciting news! How do you port it to VST? Do you rewrite it in C++?

Now, unfortunately i can´t code C++ ( But Damn, i have to learn it ).
    I will try to Re-build it with Synthmaker, it will not be easy because synthmaker has it´s
    limits and i am no DSP Guru or friend of the ASM Code in Synthmaker.
    i´ll try my best. but please don´t expect professional hehe....

• BoB SwanS

- Magnus Lidström wrote:

I think you guys need to team up ;)

• Troels Nygaard

Isn't it in some way possible to save/convert a Max for Live patch to VST format? I understand you can do that in MAX/MSP? Right? I am very new to this :-)

• BoB SwanS

- Troels Nygaard wrote:
    Isn't it in some way possible to save/convert a Max for Live patch to VST format? I understand you can do that in MAX/MSP? Right? I am very new to this :-)

Not sure,I think MAX\MSP allows you to save to a vst that runs with the free Pluggo runtime.
    I am fairly certain Max for Live will not allow saving to vst,it only lets you save to a Max for live device.

• philter

- BoB SwanS wrote:
    Not sure,I think MAX\MSP allows you to save to a vst that runs with the free Pluggo runtime.
    I am fairly certain Max for Live will not allow saving to vst,it only lets you save to a Max for live device.

that´s exactly right...

i have tried to port the LBC synplant to VST format but until i use synthmaker (great prog anyways, but not capable of doing max4live-like things atm) i will not be able to port it. but i made my own idea how to make a nice plugin to control the plant....please let me know what you think of it...
    so guys this is what i have created until now...(forgive me my bad english please :rolleyes: )
    i created a VST where you can set up all the Synplant Parameters (except the DNA) for each note you play. means EVERY note you play with Synplant can have it´s unique parameter setting that will be triggered at NOTE ON messages. i have added A second mode where you can setup 2 different settings for each parameters and crossfade between them (like the pattern morph in microtonic 3). i will just do some finetuning, then i will release a beta-version for testing. if it´s okay for you (yes sonic charge i mean YOU!) then i will upload the test version here, otherwise i will upload it in my support forum and post a link here.

• philter

here is a little preview image that shows my plugin in KEYBOARD mode...
    VST *.dll is following soon B)

• Magnus Lidström

- philter wrote:
    here is a little preview image that shows my plugin in KEYBOARD mode...
    VST *.dll is following soon B)

Wow! Yes, please upload the dll. I think you need to zip it first for the forum to accept the upload. Looking forward to trying it out. Neat idea!

So did I understand you correctly that the Max For Live patch can't easily be ported to SynthMaker? Is it the step sequencer features that are missing or something? (Never tried SynthMaker myself.)

• philter

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    Wow! Yes, please upload the dll. I think you need to zip it first for the forum to accept the upload. Looking forward to trying it out. Neat idea!

voila, a rough preview version. i have tested it in VSThost and it worked okay. but i am not satisfied with the GUI structure so i will think about a better design. :huh:
    trigger your plant test.rar(1.93MB, 916 downloads)

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    So did I understand you correctly that the Max For Live patch can't easily be ported to SynthMaker? Is it the step sequencer features that are missing or something? (Never tried SynthMaker myself.)

not quite right... it is possible to port it almost 1:1 BUT i am not sure that it will run as stable as the MAX4Live Device. Synthmaker has it´s "mystic" problems, that´s why it runs behind
    SynthEdit/C++ written plugin.but i use it just for fun and i still love it. :P
    i will upload the LBC Synplant Port plugin later when i have finished it

LBC Port.png
  • philter

just forgot to say <you again: i love synplant ;) ...

• BoB SwanS

Cool! I did not realise you had got this far already , I will test it over the weekend and report back

• BoB SwanS

I cant get this to work properly,I have tried placing it on the same track as synplant and on a seperate track feeding midi into synplant, I do see some sort of response from the synplant gui(A slight flicker in the branches) when i press keys on the synplant note2cc vst, but no real audio evidence that its doing anything

I might wait for the other port

• philter

- BoB SwanS wrote:
    I cant get this to work properly,I have tried placing it on the same track as synplant and on a seperate track feeding midi into synplant, I do see some sort of response from the synplant gui(A slight flicker in the branches) when i press keys on the synplant note2cc vst, but no real audio evidence that its doing anything
    I might wait for the other port

i have re-launched this project....a first midi plugin (ADSR Envelope Generator featuring Control Change output) can be found here:

http://soniccharge.com/forum/index.php?/topic/525-synplant-envelope-generator/#entry1764

other plugins will follow soon ;)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.