MAc Sonic Charge Installer hangs running package scripts

Patrick Wacher80 views3 posts
  • Patrick Wacher

I downloaded the Mac installer (Version: 2017.02.02 (trial & full version)) and when attempting to install, it hangs when 'Running package scripts', i've been waiting >10mins and still no movement.

If I try and force quit and re-install again, it hangs on 'Waiting for other installations to complete...'

If I try and kill the install process in Activity Monitor, I get 'The installer is busy, the window can't be closed'

I'm running MacOS 10.14.5.

Any ideas on whats going on here?

• Patrick Wacher

ok geez... finally finished after 30 mins.... for one plugin...

• Magnus Lidström

Sorry. It is a known issue. The "lsof" command has become slower and slower for each MacOS release, and seems especially bad when your computer has been running for a long time without reboot. 30 minutes is crazy though. I've never seen it take that much.

In our coming update I have devised a totally different solution. (The first update will still need to run "lsof" though and is going to be slow, but in the future this problem will be gone entirely.)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.