Bit-Ops Firmware

ebfx447 views4 posts
  • ebfx

Hey forum, I stumbled across the "Permut8 Firmware Code" folder and thought I'll have a wee play with it for an afternoon. I didn't do a full patch, just a mod patch. It's simply an implementation of all bitwise operations, see here.
    Some of them are useless/nonsensical, but I included them for completeness sake. I only made 5 programs for the bank, but I thought I share anyway... source code included.

Bit-Ops Firmware.jpg

Bit-Ops Firmware.p8bank(27.9kB, 845 downloads)
    Bit-Ops Firmware Source.zip(7.26kB, 750 downloads)
  • Magnus Lidström

Wow! Looks great! I believe you are the first to figure this all out. It's like you cracked the trickiest easter egg I left in there. Congrats!

Did you discover the firmware loader program in the console (run patch)? It's very handy when trying things out. Run one of the compile loop scripts I left in the firmware folder and then you can simply save your source code and Permut8 will update asap.

• ebfx

The first one, really? Then I guess congrats are in order for such a well-hidden easter egg. It's "only" been 7 years. :)

Yes, I've used the compile loop script and the patch program. Is there another way of getting a GAZL file loaded into Permut8?

• Magnus Lidström

- ebfx wrote:
    The first one, really? Then I guess congrats are in order for such a well-hidden easter egg. It's "only" been 7 years. :)

I did plan to release documentation, but never got around to it. Especially for Impala which was a hack that I didn't really plan to live this long. But yeah, I don't believe I've seen any other custom hacks yet.

Yes, I've used the compile loop script and the patch program. Is there another way of getting a GAZL file loaded into Permut8?

Just the much harder way of putting GAZL code directly into a .p8bank file. .p8bank files are also plain text. Sort of.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.