Compatibility mac osx Catalina

guillaume besseau950 views9 posts
  • guillaume besseau

Hello, i'm asking myself if catalina will be a problem? i'm using microtonic and synthplant since ... i can't remembe. so i'm pretty afraid. Installer/uninstall program are 32bit but plugin i don't know.

• Magnus Lidström

Hi. Catalina will indeed a problematic upgrade for many. From the brief testing that we have done, our plug-ins should work with some minor issues:

1. Our uninstallers are 32-bit, so these will not work.
    2. In the system settings, make sure you allow apps downloaded from "identified developers".
    3. You need to reboot before using our Audio Units.
    4. The file browser buttons for "Go to Factory Presets" and "Go to User Presets" do not work.

These are all the problems that we have found so far, but Catalina have not been released yet and Apple have changed some requirements already during the beta.

We are currently working on a big maintaince update to all our software. It will fix all of the above problems and more. Beta test should commence fairly soon.

• Tim Rowe

Synplant crashes Garageband in Catalina , also Tracktion Waveform 10.

• Magnus Lidström

The Garageband problem seems to be related to the SDK issue that also Cubase 10.5 suffers from. https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/1447-soniccharge-products-crash-in-cubase-pro-10-5

I have a solution for that now but we haven't been able to roll that out yet.

I wasn't aware that there are problems in Tracktion too. Hopefully it is the same SDK issue, but I'll check it out. Thanks for notifying us.

• Tim Rowe

Cool. Looking forward to the solution.
    Will a notification be announced here?

• Magnus Lidström

- Tim Rowe wrote:
    Cool. Looking forward to the solution.
    Will a notification be announced here?

Absolutely. You can also sign up to help us test here: https://soniccharge.com/betareg

• Tim Rowe

OK. Done!

• dougieb

Yeah definitely the uninstallers. Synplant is popping up as well. Obviously all of this is known. No rush for me tho.

Uninstall Sonic Charge Bitspeek:

Version: 1.5.0
    Obtained from: Identified Developer
    Last Modified: 6/27/19, 2:33 AM
    Kind: Intel
    64-Bit (Intel): No
    Signed by: Developer ID Application: NuEdge Development, Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
    Location: /Applications/Sonic Charge/Uninstallers/Uninstall Sonic Charge Bitspeek.app

Uninstall Sonic Charge Echobode:

Version: 1.0
    Signed by: Developer ID Application: NuEdge Development, Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA
    Location: /Applications/Sonic Charge/Uninstallers/Uninstall Sonic Charge Echobode.app

Uninstall Sonic Charge Permut8:

Version: 1.1.0
    Location: /Applications/Sonic Charge/Uninstallers/Uninstall Sonic Charge Permut8.app

Uninstall Sonic Charge Synplant:

Version: 1.2.2
    Location: /Applications/Sonic Charge/Uninstallers/Uninstall Sonic Charge Synplant.app

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.