On how many PCs can I run my licences?

German Fafian672 views5 posts
  • German Fafian

Hi there,

I was wondering. On how many PCs can I have μTONIC installed?
    I am asking because I have my licenses in my usual Music-making PC, but I have started using a smaller laptop for my new band's rehearsals and wanted to run μTONIC in my DAW on that laptop as drum machine for live improvisations with the other musicians and possibly record such improvisations.
    I thought of using my main pc, but it is too big and cumbersome to take it to rehearsals. Should I buy a new license for this?
    Thanks for any help.

• Fredrik Lidström

Hi, if you're the only user of Microtonic on your computers, one license is enough. If the computer is shared, you need one license per computer.

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/35-can-i-use-one-license-on-both-my-computers

• burton beerman

does this mean that one can put the plugin on a desktop as the main home computer and a notebook when away from the main computer (one user on both machines)? how to do this?"
    when I try and install vst plugin on notebook it will not show up after install on desktop.

• Fredrik Lidström

- burton beerman wrote:
    does this mean that one can put the plugin on a desktop as the main home computer and a notebook when away from the main computer (one user on both machines)?

Yes

when I try and install vst plugin on notebook it will not show up after install on desktop.

Has nothing to do with licensing. All our plug-ins always show up in your host if they are installed correctly and found by the host. On Mac you should also always have the stand-alone for Microtonic available.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.