Mappable/Controllable Next/Previous Patch

Oktagon122 views2 posts
  • Oktagon

Hi,

I'm trying to come up with a better setup for using Microtonic with Push 2. I'm using a drum rack with one instance of Microtonic per slot, so each instance will be using just the first channel. This way I can expose all the drum synth parameters (per instance) to Push.

This seems to work pretty well except really you want patch browsing from the Push as well to get a starting point. Is there any way of doing this? I could use program change midi but I don't want to do programs, just patch browsing.

Any ideas?

• Oktagon

Ok after a bit more research today I think I understand the problem better.

It looks as though there is no mechanism for controlling patch browsing via CC. In an ideal world I'd be able to map the Push encoders (which generate CC values of 127/0 depending which way you turn them) to the previous/next patch buttons in Microtonic. Then I could browse all the Microtonic patches in Push user mode easily. So that would be a feature request from me :)

My fallback option is to use programs with 16 presets manually selected. I should then be able to come up with a way to either remap the CC events or map the program change directly with a Max device. This would be a lot less nice than just being able to browse all my patches though...

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.