Permut8 Dead??

Stephan Ralescu631 views6 posts
  • Stephan Ralescu

I am constantly hyping Permut8 still after all these years. There seems to be almost no noise about it, and here the forum seems totally dead.

While I would appreciate some kind of roadmap, and a Pocket Operator would be fantastic, at the least it wold be nice to know that the plugin isn't dead.

Thanks!

• Magnus Lidström

Glad to hear that you like Permut8!

While we do have upcoming maintenance updates planned across our entire product line we are not currently working on any major update to Permut8. Frankly I've never planned to add a lot of new features to it, because as you know, it is expandable with alternative firmwares instead.

I know I haven't released any new firmwares for it in a while, but that doesn't mean I won't ever again. I just haven't had any brilliant ideas for it lately and I have been extremely occupied with other stuff the past two years.

But by all means, please let us know if you have any thoughts on how Permut8 could be developed further. I am always eager to listen to my customers (even if I don't always reply).

• dave dove

I use Permut8 all the time
    is pretty perfect

Dave

• Gravitymike

I think it offers a lot already, specially for the price, I love the vintage look of permut8, its always full of surprises. and with some vast automation in ableton, this plugin, just keeps on giving 100's of 1000's of possibilities, with every preset . [Great Work Magnus] 10/10

• SIC

- Gravitymike wrote:
    I think it offers a lot already, specially for the price, I love the vintage look of permut8, its always full of surprises. and with some vast automation in ableton, this plugin, just keeps on giving 100's of 1000's of possibilities, with every preset . [Great Work Magnus] 10/10

+1 to this! Having owned Permut8 for just shy of 7 years, I am still discovering allsorts of new sounds and feel I have still only scratched the surface. To be honest if this was to get a major update I would b back at square 1. What you can do with it insane and to me It's like a piece of hardware that you just keep adding firmware to :)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.