Synplant Multi Out

Felix Bernhardt2 666 views7 posts
  • Felix Bernhardt

This is my idea a multi out for synplant like in Microtonic... And please add a cool idea to automate the "heart-DNS" of Synplant...

• nic

- Felix Bernhardt wrote:
    This is my idea a multi out for synplant like in Microtonic... And please add a cool idea to automate the "heart-DNS" of Synplant...

+1000

• Magnus Lidström

Multi-out in Synplant is a good idea, but it raises more questions than with MicroTonic. In Synplant you have a reverb effect (with individual send amounts per branch) and some simple post-processing, a high-pass filter and a saturator, placed after the main volume. The reverb especially is integral to many Synplant patches, as it contains some pretty characteristic dsp. If we would have 12 separate outputs, one for each branch, where would the reverb go? Sure, we could add another stereo out for the reverb, but then again, how will the saturator fit into the picture? A distorted mix is not the same as mixing individually distorted channels.

I'm not saying it can't be done, and I like the idea. Just saying that patches would sound different regardless how we would solve it. Unlike MicroTonic, where the multi-out and standard version sound exactly the same after mix-down.

• philter

- Felix Bernhardt wrote:

+8192 !
    and the ability to save /automate the position/speed/gravity options from the jingleballs patch.
    (cool feature to make rhythmic ball bounce sequences)

• Felix Bernhardt

Hey thx for this feedback :) and thx magnus for your fast answer :) I must say i never used the included reverb from synplant i always turn it off... I think the raw sound without saturator without highpass without reverb will for me more than great... But the automation from the heart will also be a big succsess for synplant :)

By the way Thx Magnus for your amazing work :)

• nic

- Felix Bernhardt wrote:
    I must say i never used the included reverb from synplant i always turn it off...

Really?? It's very strange 'cause synplant built in reverb is absolutely awesome!
    It is so great that (is I were Magnus) I would do a "simple" stand-alone VST tool......

• philter

- Agi wrote:
    Really?? It's very strange 'cause synplant built in reverb is absolutely awesome!
    It is so great that (is I were Magnus) I would do a "simple" stand-alone VST tool......

Word! it´s a very special, "unique" reverb. i love it :D

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.