bi-directional control of steps in ableton live 10

Muffin99 views1 post
  • Muffin

Hey, let me start by saying how much i love microtonic. It has had the longest life for me out of any plug in i have ever purchased. I still use it in almost every project.

I have been trying to get control of the sequencer steps via cc to work for the last week or so and can't quite get it to work. I've tried with both lemur and an old launchpad and automap and can't get it to work.

I can get lemur or the launchpad to edit the steps, and i can get feedback so that the controller shows the status of the steps but i can't get it to actually work consistently. Basically, when switching between patterns or voices, the steps don't update consistently. Sometimes a cc will change the step status and sometimes it won't.

I've only tried this with microtonic in standard midi mode and "knobs and buttons send midi cc" I can't try pitched mode, because ableton live won't actually separate microtonic's outputs by midi channel.

Am i missing something? Has anyone gotten this to work?

oh, and i guess this leads me to the following request: could you possibly expose the steps, accents, and flam to live's parameter automation system so i can just assign it that way?

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.