Permut 8 - Run Tutorial

Russell N158 views6 posts
  • Russell N

Permut 8 - Run Tutorial always displays on launch of plugin. If I disable it , it returns when I switch screen sets in Logic, and come back to the screen set where the GUI is open. How to turn this off permanently? Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 / Logic 10.4.4

• sameloop

Yes! Just posted the same thing. Happened two years ago and still happening now. Glad it's not just me.

• Magnus Lidström

Did you run through the entire tutorial at least once (on the machine in question)? This is when it is supposed to get turned off permanently.

• sameloop

Hi.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Well, that would seem to be the answer, then...

Yeah, just ran through it to make sure and can confirm it works.

I would say, though, that I can't quite understand why you wouldn't just enable it to be turned off at any point. Once you've seen it, you've seen it and if you uninstall and reinstall, there it is again, as if you'd never seen it before.

• Magnus Lidström

Yeah, sorry, it is a bit confusing. Synplant also features a tutorial, but if you close it (without having finished it) it asks if you want to open it the next time or not. We probably just thought we could simplify things a bit when we made Permut8. But I agree it ought to be improved.

Glad we solved it though.

• Russell N

Thanks, I'll give it a try

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.