Tonic bubbles

Kristof Van Meirvenne475 views7 posts
  • Kristof Van Meirvenne

Hi,I use Microtonic for a couple of years now, great plug in btw.I may have a very stupid question for you, maybe you can resolve it for me.What is making these beautiful ambient noises when you open the about page, after the bits peek voice you hear these nice random burble sounds.Is that Microtonics engine?How did you do that?It is a strange question maybe you can answer it.Have a productive year and a fine X-mas.

• Kristof Van Meirvenne

Does anyone have an idea?Sounds great if you put Permut8 behind it.Any help welcome.Greets

• Magnus Lidström

That music generator is actually not using the Microtonic engine at all. I wrote it one night while working on Microtonic 1.0 and got so excited about it that I wanted it to become part of Microtonic somehow. It ended up in the about box as an "easter egg".

Fun trivia #1: the first prototype of Synplant was based on this engine (and generated patterns as well), but once I realized the potential in the concept I wrote a better sounding audio engine.

Fun trivia #2: I made a GUI-less VST-version of the generator for Steve Duda and Joel Zimmerman a million years ago. You can clearly hear it being used in some Deadmau5 tracks.

• Kristof Van Meirvenne

Wow,what a great story.We may call you a true pioneer back in the day then, with todays modular stuff doing the same thing.Any chance on you guys developing the "easter egg"into a plug-in or even a pocket operator? .Great stories have great endings not?Greets

• c0nsilience

Nice Trivia, @Magnus!

• Kristof Van Meirvenne

Just saw you released your music generator as a permut8 firmware!!!Woohoo gonna update straight away.Some great news in this sad period we all are going trough.This sound generator will be a great tool for inspiration, thanks for sharing and for putting it in to motion.Greetz to you all and stay healthy.

• Kristof Van Meirvenne

Happy New year Magnus & Fredrik,and to all you eggheads who took the time to read through this great story.You people have the heart at the right place.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.