Controlling Microtonic with external sequencer and midi controller

Iulian Muresan650 views5 posts
  • Iulian Muresan

Hi. I want to use the Arturia Beat Step Pro which is a sequencer with 3 tracks, one of which is for drums. And I would like to change the sound of each individual drum channel in real time with the help of an external midi controller in my case a Novation Zero SL MKII. How can I do this? I cannot use the Midi configuration settings Select drum channel with midi notes with Midi CC operate on selected channel, because the BeatStep Pro triggers channels in real time and they change all the time. Any ideas? Thank you.

• Iulian Muresan

No one?

• Luis Bicho

Do this activate in the Novation Automap the VSTi Plugin, setup the paths for the folder of the VST Plugins, than select the Microtonic Sonic Charge Plugin and activate it, that way your DAW recognize the VSTi and VSTi Automap. In the DAW select the VSTi Automap version and Build your setup Parameters in the Automap.

• Iulian Muresan

Thank you Luis. I've already done that. I have the Automap version of Microtonic in Ableton. Actually what I did was create 8 tracks with 8 instances of Microtonic and have 8 Automap mappings. But I'm not sure this is the best idea to use it. If anyone is triggering Microtonic from Arturia's BeatStep Pro and controlling parameters in real time in Automap, I would be curious to know what solution they found. Of course I can do all that and control a set of 8 rotaries on the Novation Zero (the upper row and then use pages), but I bought the Novation Zero precisely to be able to use all its 16 rotaries, 8 faders and 32 buttons at the same time.

• Iulian Muresan

If there is anyone who understands Novation Automap and knows how to setup Microtonic with the BeatStep Pro and Novation Zero SL, please chime in. I've spent too many months on this. I'm ready to pay a brilliant mind who comes up with an idea that is better than mine.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.