Microtonic, inconsistant exporting

James Garvey134 views3 posts
  • James Garvey

When I play my project in Propellerheads Reason, My tracks play as normal.

When I export the track, all microtonic patterns begin running from the start of the track until they're triggered to switch off.

Surely, there's is a simply way to tell microtonic not to play unless it is triggered??

To quickly get around the problem I had to literally put a Midi note at the start of every channel controlling Micronics, then leave 8 bars of silence. Then begin the track.

• Fredrik Lidström

If Microtonic is set to auto-play (green blinking play button in the interface) it will start when the sequencer starts. If you click the stop button (blue stop button) then it should not auto-start with the sequencer. Also, make sure there is no MIDI note data input on the pattern buttons ( C3 -> ) as that will trigger the patterns to start.

• James Garvey

I found it.
    What I was looking for was under Midi Config: 'Pattern MIDI' set to 'Retrigger Gated'

This makes the "play button" into an on/off switch. Rather than an "on only" command.

I can put in blocks of held C3 into my Sequencer window where I want the Microtonic to play its patterns, but simply leave the midi channel blank when I want it to be silent.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.