Organizing patterns and patches

K Efting1 518 views3 posts
  • K Efting

Hi

I was just wondering if there was a way to organize the drum patches and presets by genre or category perhaps.
    I know the patches are organized by drum type which is nice, but say when I am scrolling through all the presets, I find myself wishing there was a way to filter them in some way.

Don't get me wrong, I think the many many patches and presets provided is one of the great features of this program and it remains one of my favorite plugins by far, I guess maybe I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on making browsing for sounds a little quicker.

For instance if I was looking for 909ish sounds, it would be nice if there was a way to "tag" sounds as such?

Any feedback from people on how you manage your presets and patches would be nice. :)

Thanks!

• nanotron

After an hour saving new patternium presets into a subfolder 'patternium 301' (µTonic version #, you could also create subfolders for every patternium generation) I asked myself the same question.

The best idea for now is to create sub-subfolders for fitting genres, and two extra sub-subfolders for absolute favorites.

I think the system for patches is okay as it is. When exporting new patches from patternium presets, I rename them according to sound. E.g. 'FX Water' or 'HH very metallic'. If I altered them a lot then I add my initials, so I can share them when I have enough ready.

In your case you can make a patch-subfolder '909'. If there are many patches you can subdivide into sub-subfolders 'BD', 'SN' etc.

• K Efting

Yeah, I think you have the best idea for now, I was just hoping there was a fast way for lazy folks like me :P

I guess I'll get to work on it now! Thanks for the reply :)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.