I am not able to use the Morph feature

lam xuyen26 views2 posts
  • Users avatarlam xuyen

I've read the manual over and over but I can't figure out how to assign a preset on the left and a preset on the right to morph between. Can you please tell me step by step how to do this? Maybe I'm not thinking about this the right way.

Eventually, I'll need to recall this setup in my DAW (which is Bitwig at the moment).

thank you!

Greg K.

• Users avatarFredrik Lidström

Think of the morph as if you had two patches for each channel. Any changes you make to the patches will be applied to the left and right based on the current morph position. If the morph is all the way to the left, it will not affect the right patches. If the morph is in the middle, it will affect both left and right equally.

The typical use case would be to pull the morph all the way to the right, load a patch or preset, pull the morph all the way to the left and load a different one. You can now morph between the two.

The left and right morph information are not saved in either Microtonic patches or Microtonic presets. It can only be saved in the host. In VST hosts, these are sometimes referred to as fxb/fxp files, but I think Bitwig has its own preset handling by dragging the whole instance to the browser. Unless they have come up with something new since 2015 that I have missed. =)

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.