ETA on x64? (update: all our products are 64-bit compatible)

anonymous11 457 views53 posts
  • anonymous

I noticed that there are no native 64-bit versions of Soniccharge plugins available yet. I'm hopeful that they are in the works, any information regarding their eventual time of arrival? I'd like to add Bitspeek to my live setup but I have an absolute policy regarding bit bridging so I'd really need the x64 version.

Overall these are very interesting plugins, keep up the good work. It's nice to see plugins that do things a bit differently.

• Fredrik Lidström

- Jimmerite wrote:
    I noticed that there are no native 64-bit versions of Soniccharge plugins available yet. I'm hopeful that they are in the works, any information regarding their eventual time of arrival? I'd like to add Bitspeek to my live setup but I have an absolute policy regarding bit bridging so I'd really need the x64 version.
    Overall these are very interesting plugins, keep up the good work. It's nice to see plugins that do things a bit differently.

Hi,

We are currently working on porting our libraries, that we build our products on, to 64-bit. Unfortunately it is very extensive work and I do not have any ETA for you. Once we get closer to having something in alpha or beta stage, I might make a guesstimate, but at this point all I can say is that we are putting a lot of work into it and that Bitspeek will most likely be the first release.

Update: since April 2014 all Sonic Charge products are fully 64-bit compatible

• anonymous

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    Hi,
    We are currently working on porting our libraries, that we build our products on, to 64-bit. Unfortunately it is very extensive work and I do not have any ETA for you. Once we get closer to having something in alpha or beta stage, I might make a guesstimate, but at this point all I can say is that we are putting a lot of work into it and that Bitspeek will most likely be the first release.

Thanks for the info. If I buy any one of the Soniccharge plugins now, is it guaranteed that I will receive the 64-bit update for free when it arrives?

• Magnus Lidström

- Jimmerite wrote:
    Thanks for the info. If I buy any one of the Soniccharge plugins now, is it guaranteed that I will receive the 64-bit update for free when it arrives?

If 64-bit support was the only thing we planned for coming upgrades I would say yes straight away, but things are a bit more complex than that. I simply can't answer this question yet. What I can guarantee is that you will receive a 64-bit Bitspeek very soon (for free).

• Lazylefteye

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    If 64-bit support was the only thing we planned for coming upgrades I would say yes straight away, but things are a bit more complex than that. I simply can't answer this question yet. What I can guarantee is that you will receive a 64-bit Bitspeek very soon (for free).

I'm about to get a 64bit PC,any news on 64-bit for Microtonic?
    I'd be happy to take part in beta testing.

• Magnus Lidström

- Resonator wrote:
    I'm about to get a 64bit PC,any news on 64-bit for Microtonic?
    I'd be happy to take part in beta testing.

Sorry to keep you waiting on the 64-bit version of MicroTonic and Synplant. The plan is to get back to 64-bit MicroTonic (and Synplant version 2) right after we have finished this new little effect we are working on. (We have some good reasons to finish the projects in this particular order.)

I'd be happy to let you beta test and we'll do our best to make it happen soon.

• Lazylefteye

Thanks for the update Magnus.Nice to know 64bit Microtonic and Synplant are going to happen.I'm definitely happy to help out beta testing both of those.

New little effect,i'm intrigued!

• Aaron Urbanski

Since the Kore 2 x64 is out, I would also be interested in beta testing if at all possible :-)

• James Frank

- urbster1 wrote:
    Since the Kore 2 x64 is out, I would also be interested in beta testing if at all possible :-)

me too! dying here for x64 versions of these plugs! will 2012 be the year for this???????

• Fredrik Lidström

- wetdentist wrote:
    me too! dying here for x64 versions of these plugs! will 2012 be the year for this???????

For MicroTonic, we have planned a "minor" upgrade that only adds 64-bit support. So that's a yes, 2012 is the year. Magnus promises! * duck into cover *

When it comes to Synplant, we have treaded down a long road of making this a version 2, and we have no intentions to roll-back just to make the old version 64-bit. So the only thing I can promise is that the next version will be 64-bit and that we will not release it before it is ready. :P

• Lazylefteye

Excellent news.I'm more than happy to help beta testing 64bit Microtonic.
    The new version of Synplant is going to be something to look forward to.
    Any chance of a few teasers as to what we can expect from the new version?
    Happy to beta test that too. :)

• Lazylefteye

Any news?

• Fredrik Lidström

Sorry, we are still wrapping our heads around this new effect Permut8 and also Bitspeek RE for Reason. But once we've pushed those two out of the way, we'll go back to 64-bit MicroTonic, so that we can eventually get back to Synplant again. Hopefully. That's the plan right now at least. =)

• Lazylefteye

Thanks for the update.
    Any info on Permut8?

• anonymous

Sorry, we are still wrapping our heads around this new effect Permut8 and also Bitspeek RE for Reason. But once we've pushed those two out of the way, we'll go back to 64-bit MicroTonic, so that we can eventually get back to Synplant again. Hopefully. That's the plan right now at least. =)

Still no ETA on Microtonic 64bit? - Really really looking forward to this.

Thanks

• Fredrik Lidström

Nope, sorry. I'm still crossing my fingers for this year. =)

• anonymous

One more waiting for microtonic 64 bit!
    Please bring it to us. Have been waiting so long, now. I think it's only fair to those people who support you by buying your product in favour of the big names. That's what people expect for their 99 $: Support and compatibility.
    Thanks!

• Remote Vision

- Tim wrote:
    One more waiting for microtonic 64 bit!
    Please bring it to us. Have been waiting so long, now. I think it's only fair to those people who support you by buying your product in favour of the big names. That's what people expect for their 99 $: Support and compatibility.
    Thanks!

So what is the 64bit roadmap for Sonic Charge products? I've got all four - I'm on a Mac running Logic and am upgrading to a new computer, etc., and would like to keep everything 64bit. So... what's the schedule? (approximately)

• Magnus Lidström

- Don Tyler wrote:
    So what is the 64bit roadmap for Sonic Charge products? I've got all four - I'm on a Mac running Logic and am upgrading to a new computer, etc., and would like to keep everything 64bit. So... what's the schedule? (approximately)

MicroTonic 64-bit will be finished this year. It has turned into a lot more work than expected because much of the code base is 10 to 14(!) years old now. Bitspeek and Permut8 is based on a more modern framework and was extremely easy to port. But I'm getting there finally. I have a 64-bit version running (Mac & PC) with most functionality, but I need to update the oscilloscope logic, the about box, see if I can re-implement the right-click / control-key swap (or if it will have to go) and implement a new drag'n'drop API on Mac. So very soon now.

Synplant is a different story. The project is lying in pieces right now in between a version 1 and version 2. Too much work to go back to version 1 and make a 64-bit out of that (same story, old code base), so you will have to wait for version 2. We will work on Synplant version 2.0 after MicroTonic, but it will not be ready this year I am afraid.

• Remote Vision

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    MicroTonic 64-bit will be finished this year. It has turned into a lot more work than expected because much of the code base is 10 to 14(!) years old now. Bitspeek and Permut8 is based on a more modern framework and was extremely easy to port. But I'm getting there finally. I have a 64-bit version running (Mac & PC) with most functionality, but I need to update the oscilloscope logic, the about box, see if I can re-implement the right-click / control-key swap (or if it will have to go) and implement a new drag'n'drop API on Mac. So very soon now.
    Synplant is a different story. The project is lying in pieces right now in between a version 1 and version 2. Too much work to go back to version 1 and make a 64-bit out of that (same story, old code base), so you will have to wait for version 2. We will work on Synplant version 2.0 after MicroTonic, but it will not be ready this year I am afraid.

Hi Magnus, so are the current versions of Permut8 and Bitspeak already 64bit AU? If so, great! Anxiously awaiting the Microtonic update - Synplant too!

• Magnus Lidström

- Don Tyler wrote:
    Hi Magnus, so are the current versions of Permut8 and Bitspeak already 64bit AU? If so, great! Anxiously awaiting the Microtonic update - Synplant too!

Yes, they are. Only MicroTonic and Synplant are 32-bit only.

• Bhang

Thank you very much on the 64bit Microtonic update. I am looking forward to it!

I LOVE microtonic. I don't use Pro Tools a lot, but I do wish I could use it in Pro Tools. Any chance of an AAX version?

Bhang

• Don Chesson

I also want to say thanks for following through and all your hard work (Mac Microtonic owner here). I'm very much looking forward to the update.

• Erik Magrini

Just another user dying to use my uTonic and Synplant plug ins now that I've gone fully 64bit, these are the only plugs I own that still are 32bit only. Thanks!

• Magnus Lidström

Beta test for Microtonic 3.1 just started!

If you are ready to help us you are very welcome to sign up at ... We can't guarantee you will get to beta test of course, but we appreciate all applications.

• RRKS

Magnus, please my friend can you give an ETA for Microtonic 64bit? I desperately need to utilize it and basically cannot because I no longer run a 32bit environment. Microtonic is one of my favorite VSTs and I need it back! I've applied for the beta two or three times and never heard anything - PLEASE HELP.
    A loyal customer,
    RRKS

• Magnus Lidström

- RRKS wrote:
    Magnus, please my friend can you give an ETA for Microtonic 64bit? I desperately need to utilize it and basically cannot because I no longer run a 32bit environment. Microtonic is one of my favorite VSTs and I need it back! I've applied for the beta two or three times and never heard anything - PLEASE HELP.
    A loyal customer,
    RRKS

Sorry for taking such long time with this beta. Lots of different developments to synchronize. We are releasing the final beta 3 this week and I'll add you to the beta test when we do.

• Magnus Lidström

@RRKS: I have approved you for the beta now. Log on to ... and read the beta announcement posts + the FAQ over there for info on how to run the beta version.

• RRKS

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    @RRKS: I have approved you for the beta now. Log on to ... and read the beta announcement posts + the FAQ over there for info on how to run the beta version.

And now I would like to play a song...thanks, appears to be working fine so far in a Win7 64bit Live 9 environment...

• Microdom

please magnus,add me to the x64 beta test list too,i'm a long time user of microtonic,i signed up for beta testing today,thank's :-)

• Magnus Lidström

- micdom wrote:
    please magnus,add me to the x64 beta test list too,i'm a long time user of microtonic,i signed up for beta testing today,thank's :-)

Ok. :)

• Microdom

many thanks! :-)

• Jean-Paul Grobben

I'm a really satisfied user of Synplant, and I'm switching to 64 as well now. Hoping to get some news about Syntplant x64 soon. It's seriously one of my favorite synths to date.

It's been more than 6 months since your last update on Synplant, so any updates on the v2 perhaps, Magnus?

Cheers!

• Sonic Boom

- Jean-Paul Grobben wrote:
    I'm a really satisfied user of Synplant, and I'm switching to 64 as well now. Hoping to get some news about Syntplant x64 soon. It's seriously one of my favorite synths to date.

It's been more than 6 months since your last update on Synplant, so any updates on the v2 perhaps, Magnus?

Cheers!

Synplant 2.0 (64 bit): ETA?

• Fredrik Lidström

My goal is before the end of the year. My hope is November. My guesstimate is March. Pick one you like, but don't hold it against me if any or all of them are wrong. =)

We will hopefully have a better clue around September. Put it in your bump calendar.

• Igor Len

Use and love Synplant and Microtonic! Now that Logc Pro X is only 64bit, the issue of having true 64 bit instruments and plugs is hotter then ever! Nobody I know wants to buy or use any wrappers... Downloaded the latest updates just now.

Having high hopes!

Thanks for the great and unique instruments, guys!

• Greg Killmaster

- Igor Len wrote:
    Use and love Synplant and Microtonic! Now that Logc Pro X is only 64bit, the issue of having true 64 bit instruments and plugs is hotter then ever! Nobody I know wants to buy or use any wrappers... Downloaded the latest updates just now.
    Having high hopes!
    Thanks for the great and unique instruments, guys!

same here... completely 64 now with LPX update. no more 32. Synplant is out for me til update.

• Rob West

Not to get all "me too" - but "ME TOO!" I just got LPX, and want my SynPlant - it is among my favorite plugs in Ableton. It is definitely missed in LPX. Good luck, Magnus - and keep us up to date, if you can.

• James Frank

will Synplant 2 be able to open up Synplant 1 presets?

• Magnus Lidström

- wetdentist wrote:
    will Synplant 2 be able to open up Synplant 1 presets?

Definitely. They should sound 99.99% identical, and automation data in old projects should work. This is always true for our upgrades. Although Logic couldn't handle the Microtonic 3 upgrade perfectly because Logic didn't follow Apple's own recommendations.

• James Frank

thanks for the quick reply, Magnus. you probably recall that i transferred my license to Synplant a while back (because it is only 32 bit, and i don't run any 32 bit plugins on my system anymore) but i saved my bundles of presets (and the Kore presets i made out of them) just in case Synplant 2 would load and run them. happy!

• Gavin Whelehan

Now that it's september, 2013, and the last information we received from you was in June, do you have any more info for us regarding the Synplant x64 release? I'm almost exclusively using Logic X now, and missing my Synplant!

• Magnus Lidström

- Gavin Whelehan wrote:
    Now that it's september, 2013, and the last information we received from you was in June, do you have any more info for us regarding the Synplant x64 release? I'm almost exclusively using Logic X now, and missing my Synplant!

We are working on Synplant 2.0 full time now, both Fredrik and me. As mentioned many times already, this isn't just a 64-bit port, and that is why it has taken so long. Because of the drop of 32-bit support in Logic X I feel it urgent to get this version out quicker, which may actually mean that we scrap a few planned features. Still, I am afraid there is enough work for quite a few weeks before we can start the beta.

• Rob Roff

Aside from looking forward to 64bit, I'm desperately hoping synplant's parameters will now be automatable, as someone from Sonic Charge told me years ago was planned for the next version.

• loco john

- Rob Roff wrote:
    Aside from looking forward to 64bit, I'm desperately hoping synplant's parameters will now be automatable, as someone from Sonic Charge told me years ago was planned for the next version.

+999 ! Oh, and I cannot wait for this to happen!

This is my to go synth and not being able to automate all parameters is something I stumble upon every so often when working on projects.

Magnus, can you please include me in the beta test team? I have 13+ years of software development experience, and will also be a grateful tester and will provide reports as I come across a bug or two.

Kind regards,

Andrejs

• the drym

Is there a synplant grace period?
    I´d like to buy the microtonic and synplant bundle (plus Bitspeek ;-) ) but need synplant in 64 bit (and would like to get v2 anyway).

Any chance i could buy immediately and upgrade synplant to v2 when it comes out?

Otherwise i think i have to wait until it sees light of the day (and pray that it won´t take too long) ;)

Thanks and best wishes,

the drym

• Fredrik Lidström

Synplant v2 will be a free upgrade, just go ahead and purchase. :)

Oh, and for those eager to get a release date on Synplant. I am sorry, we are doing our best, but I do not have one yet. All I can say is that we got our work cut out for us and it is the only project we are and have been working on for quite some time now.

• the drym

Ok, done. B)

• Neil Mitchell-Goodson

Synplant v2 will be a free upgrade, just go ahead and purchase. :)

Oh, and for those eager to get a release date on Synplant. I am sorry, we are doing our best, but I do not have one yet. All I can say is that we got our work cut out for us and it is the only project we are and have been working on for quite some time now.

You are officially my hero :D

• Aaron Urbanski

All I can say is that I can't wait! I love Synplant v1 so much already :D

• Magnus Lidström

Update: since April 2014 all Sonic Charge products are fully 64-bit compatible.

• Plasmingo

When you say fully, you don't mean AAX, right? :P

• Gaetan Schurrer

most unfortunately not.... still waiting eagerly for aax versions!

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.