patternarium to po-32

philip formby318 views3 posts
  • philip formby

is it possible to send a pattern in patternarium direct to po-32 instead of having to be on my pc back home?
    i know you will say "its down to freeloaders not buying microtonic" but what if you already got a license like myself ,surely theres a way to do it legitimately

• Fredrik Lidström

We have thought about this and it is not as easy at it might seem. The Patternarium front-end that you see is technically a glorified mp3 player. All the patterns have been pre-rendered. One solution would be to pre-render PO-32 data dumps as well, but Microtonic and PO-32 patterns are not 1:1 and the 8 channel to 4 channel conversion sometimes make Patternarium patterns sound totally different, and often you can make it better if you manually move channels around. You also have the fact that the PO-32 has 16 sound slots and 16 pattern slots. Where should we dump? Always on 1-8?

After thinking about this for a while, we came to the conclusion that we already have an interface for this, where you can move around channels and pick dump destination, and it is inside Microtonic.

I know it is not what you are looking for, but it is the only viable solution we have right now.

• philip formby

Thanks Fredrik

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.