Synplant

nic4 797 views10 posts
  • nic

Hi Magnus!
    Can you tell us something about future development of Synplant?I know you probably want to keep secrecy :ph34r: ....but please,I'm very curious(if possible)to know some detail :)

Ps:This synthesizer is already beautiful,my compliments!! :wub:

• James Frank

for sure! i haven't really been able to use Synplant since my move to 64 bit; all bridging technology currently sucks

• nic

- wetdentist wrote:
    for sure! i haven't really been able to use Synplant since my move to 64 bit; all bridging technology currently sucks

if you want sell your copy (if it's possible...) I'm HERE :)

• James Frank

- Agi wrote:
    if you want sell your copy (if it's possible...) I'm HERE :)

resale is not allowed. plus, i am being pretty patient for an x64 update for both my Synplant and Microtonic!

• Ryan Jaeger

All I feel synplant is missing is portamento/glide...

It's the only thing keeping it from being my goto synth.

• Marcus Lind

Maybe there is a hint and I hope the guys at soniccharge won't kill me but it was an official answer from Fredrik Lidström. :unsure:

I asked for a possibility to manage drum sounds in case Synplant accidentally comes up with some and you would want to collect them and play them in a kit. At the moment this is impossible and because once you choose a sound you have it all over the 12 keys of the octave. The answer was:

This is actually something we have been looking into for a future version.
    :rolleyes:

For me Synplant is one of the most creative plugins I ever used. The randomness is as great as sitting in front of a synth for the first time and not knowing which knob does what.

• philter

oh synplant... i just love it. so random. so beatifull....so inspiring... the only things i would love to have are:
    MIDI Out from the Jingle Balls and/or MIDI Learn for the GRAVITY/BUMPER sliders...
    MIDI Learn for the DNA Part and (just some GUI ideas, but don´t get me wrong, i LOVE the GUI)
    perhaps the possibility to load a image file for the black seed area OR change the look of the plant... perhaps a nice little scripting package ???..... :rolleyes:
    just some crazy thoughts hehe. beside that i am completely happy with my plants ! B)

• Magnus Lidström

- philter wrote:
    oh synplant... i just love it. so random. so beatifull....so inspiring... the only things i would love to have are:
    MIDI Out from the Jingle Balls

The VST version already has this actually.

perhaps the possibility to load a image file for the black seed area OR change the look of the plant...

You on Mac or PC? On Mac you can go into the bundle and find a lot of juicy png's, gui-config files (.cushy) and scripts (.pika). Just edit whatever you want at your own risk. :)

On PC it is harder since the resources are compiled into the binary, but it is possible to use external resource files as well. Just place the resources files next to the .dll and they should override the built-in files.

There was a couple of simple mods for Synplant available a few years ago, but I can only find one of them at the moment: http://compusition.com/web/articles/hacking-synplant

• philter

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    The VST version already has this actually.

Really? that´s great! is this function available since the initial release?
    i am sure that i have tested it when i bought synplant... but, i don´t care,
    if you say the VST version has this feature then i am more than happy B)

- Magnus Lidström wrote:
    You on Mac or PC? On Mac you can go into the bundle and find a lot of juicy png's, gui-config files (.cushy) and scripts (.pika). Just edit whatever you want at your own risk. :)
    On PC it is harder since the resources are compiled into the binary, but it is possible to use external resource files as well. Just place the resources files next to the .dll and they should override the built-in files.
    There was a couple of simple mods for Synplant available a few years ago, but I can only find one of them at the moment: http://compusition.com/web/articles/hacking-synplant

okay thanks a lot for the fast & informative info´s Magnus!
    atm i am using PC . perhaps i will buy a mac in the future (i hope so)
    BTW: can i use my bought soniccharge products on MAC or somehow Convert the Licenses
    from PC to MAC? this would be an interesting point but i will surely find the answer here in the forum...

Synplant Hacks:
    i just remember JORGE from the Synthmaker team
    made a Synplant hack when it was released but i can´t remember the name...
    i am not very hot with scripting stuff but i think when i
    load Synplant in a Sandbox-Environment i can try everything out safely.
    trial & error method hehe... :P

Phil

• philter

...sorry magnus i have re-read my first post and i think i forgot to write
    an important thing in my sentence hehe... MIDI NOTE Out from the Balls is going well
    but what i had in my mind was that every ball can send up to 2 MIDI CC Messages
    (X-Axis & Y-Axis). :rolleyes: :lol:

EDIT:

after playing around with several jingle balls presets i decided that this CC out from the
    balls that was on my wishlist is not really usefull BUT it would be nice if the Balls State/Position/Path would be saved in the Preset file. If you play around with 2 or 3 Balls and you have the right amount of gravity and bouncer, you can create really cool rythmic patterns!
    i´ll upload a video later....

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.