silently select drum channel via midi

Rob Stocker149 views4 posts
  • Rob Stocker

I'd like to select one of the eight drum channels via midi, but not trigger(same as shift-click on-screen-i believe) also same as shift select on tr-08.

can this be done? It allows me to select patterns by midi and alter sound live, but selecting the channel to alter - triggers the sound.

• Magnus Lidström

Good point. This can't be done. It's an oversight. The "easiest" way to edit all eight sounds without ever triggering them would be to use the "pitched midi mode" and then use MIDI channel #1 to #8 for the different drum channels. Sorry.

• Rob Stocker

No probs. I'll try the pitched mode.

(Maybe something for an update.)

• Moritz Abel

pitched midi mode is not fully possible in Ableton, because the midi channel gets transformed into Channel 1 so only the first drum channel is playable via the same Midi-Track. Is there a possibility to implement a selector function wich is on another Note or CC than the trigger selection? so to select the sound to manipulate without having the "jumpy" surface or to select via a Mouseclick?

kind regards
    m.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.