A dedicated midi controller designed for microtonic?

Nekz1 585 views8 posts
  • Nekz

Hello everyone, I don´t know if this idea is a viable or commercially reasonable one, but thinking about using Microtonic in my live presentations I thought it would be great to have a dedicated midi controller designed specifically for Microtonic. Essentially would be a hardware translation of the plug in interface.

What do you think?

• Fredrik Lidström

Hardware Microtonic would be awesome. Unfortunately not something we have time to do. I think the closest you get at the moment is something like this fan-made iPad Lemur template.

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/215-lemur-ipad-midi-control-update-version-of-microtonic

• Nekz

Thanks for answering Fredrik, and congrats for such a lovely and timeless plug in.

Just to clarify, my idea was not a hardware per se but a midi controller, everything else would come from the plug in. Anyways... I was just tossing the idea without taking too many considerations.
    Crowdfunding maybe?
    well, I will use it on my live presentations anyways, it sounds awesome.

• Udbhav Gupta

Have you seen Livid Instrument's Builder products? http://lividinstruments.com/products/builder/ You should be able to make something pretty close to what you want with those pieces.

• Taupe

- Fredrik Lidström wrote:
    I think the closest you get at the moment is something like this fan-made iPad Lemur template.
    https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/215-lemur-ipad-midi-control-update-version-of-microtonic

but, no, This more than awesome one (you know it)...

Is for version 3.1 though...
    Maybe creater Softcore is listening?? ;)

• Luis Bicho

I have created a Automap VST patch for my Novation Nocturn, to control Sonic Charge Utonic...

• (noou)

- Luis Bicho wrote:
    I have created a Automap VST patch for my Novation Nocturn, to control Sonic Charge Utonic...

Hey I'd be very interested in that! Is that something that you'd like to share?

• (noou)

- Nekz wrote:
    Hello everyone, I don´t know if this idea is a viable or commercially reasonable one, but thinking about using Microtonic in my live presentations I thought it would be great to have a dedicated midi controller designed specifically for Microtonic. Essentially would be a hardware translation of the plug in interface.
    What do you think?

That's a great idea that would really add a lot to the experience of using microtonic! There are a couple of posts in the forum concerning mapping microtonic to the Arturia Beatstep Pro or Spark LE (a dedicated drum machine controller). That would be awesome already.
    The Lemur template is fine, but it's always a bit cumbersome to set up things...

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.